Compare the 2018 Hyundai Elantra vs 2018 Ford Focus
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2018 Ford Focus
|2.0L DOHC I4||
|2.0L Ti-VCT I4|
|26 city / 36 hwy||
|25 city / 34 hwy|
|95.8 cu ft||
|90 cu ft|
|14.4 cu ft||
|13.2 cu ft|
Serving Fredericksburg, VA, Spotsylvania, VA, and Washington, D.C.
A good value in the compact sedan vehicle class, the 2018 Hyundai Elantra comes feature-packed and is priced to sell. The uplevel trims rival all competitors in terms of standard and optional features, and buyers also get to choose from a number of powertrains. Available as either a sedan or hatchback, the Ford Focus nevertheless comes up a bit short where powertrain choices, standard interior amenities, and passenger comfort are concerned. The 2018 Hyundai Elantra remains a solid pick in this vehicle segment.
The 2018 Hyundai Elantra can be purchased with one of several engines. These are:
- • A 2.0L Four-cylinder engine rated at 147 horsepower
- • A turbocharged 1.4L engine that produces 128 horsepower
- • A turbocharged 1.6L engine rated at 201 horsepower
The base engine is the only choice on the SE, SEL, and the Value Edition trims. The very fuel-efficient 1.4L engine is standard on the Eco trim, and the larger, more powerful turbocharged engine sits under the hood of the Sport version. Six-speed manual transmission is standard on the base trim, and automatic is standard on the other versions. The 2018 Ford Focus base trim comes with a more powerful engine than what is offered on the Elantra SE, but it's not as fuel-efficient, and the tiny three-cylinder engine available on the Focus SE sedan is quite underwhelming in its ability to get the car up and moving.
Standard features on the 2018 Hyundai Elantra base SE trim include:
- • A color display screen
- • Split folding rear seatbacks
- • A height-adjustable driver's seat
- • Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- • Cruise control
- • Bluetooth phone connectivity
However, for just a few dollars more, the SEL adds on a 7-inch screen display, dual-zone automatic climate control, audio streaming, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and satellite radio. Buyers get all of the necessary safety systems as well including blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, and a rearview camera. The 2018 Ford Focus base trim does boast a rearview camera, but the sound system is sub par. The uplevel SE is much more expensive, and many will find that the price doesn't match the small amount of upgraded equipment. All that's added is a six-speaker sound system, cruise control, and a trip computer.
The biggest selling point of the 2018 Hyundai Elantra is its nicely designed interior that focuses on passenger comfort. The model outclasses the Ford Focus in the areas of:
- • Ease of entry and exit
- • Roominess
- • Materials quality
The cabin is spacious and airy, and there's plenty of room for two adults in the rear seating area. Entry and exit for rear passengers is no problem thanks to the wide rear doors. The materials quality is above the average, and the buttons and other controls are perfectly placed. The 2018 Ford Focus suffers from a lack of rear-seat legroom. When the front seats are adjusted backward, there's no room for taller individuals in the rear of the Focus.
Inspect the 2018 Hyundai Elantra firsthand today at Pohanka Hyundai of Fredericksburg, and see how it outclasses the affordable but rather sparsely equipped Ford Focus with a test drive!
MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title and registration fees. Starting at MSRP refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer.
All figures are EPA estimates. Actual mileage may vary.
2018 Hyundai Elantra SEL 4dr Sedan (US) for Sale
|Exterior Color||Mineral Beige|
- Internet Price
|Exterior Color||Black Diamond|
- Internet Price
We make every effort to provide accurate information, please verify options and price before purchase, Pohanka is not responsible for errors or omissions. All vehicles subject to prior sale. Quoted price available on in-stock units only. All prices are exclusive internet prices only. Financing is subject to approved credit through designated lender. Price plus tax, tags, dealer installed options, dealer processing fee of $899 and freight of $810 - $1100. All customers will qualify for all manufacturer rebates and incentives included in the price, some require financing through the manufacturer. Some manufacturer rebates are not compatible with special manufacturer finance offers. Manufacturer Rebates and incentives are valid during the time period set by the manufacturer and are subject to change without notice. Additional manufacturer rebates and incentives may apply to those who qualify and may lower the sales price. 2 or more available at this price.
* Military Rebate - Customers (or spouse) must be Active Duty, Reservist/National Guard, Retired, or a Veteran from the U.S. Military at the commencement of the program period. Personnel from the U.S. Military eligible for this program are defined as customers serving or having served in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, Reserves, or National Guard.
* Valued Owner - Customers must be the registered owner or Customers currently living with an immediate family member who is the registered owner of a Hyundai vehicle at the commencement of the program period.
* College Grad - This Hyundai College Grad Program Offer (the "Offer") is limited to customers who meet all the following Offer criteria, and who finance the purchase or lease of their new Hyundai, subject to credit approval, through Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF Must have graduated with a Master's, Bachelor's or Associate's degree from a U.S.-accredited college within the past two (2) years or will graduate from such a school within the next six months from date of finance contract. $400 Bonus offer from HMF; only one Offer per vehicle.
* Retail Bonus Cash - Retail Bonus Cash available Vehicle purchased from dealer stock and are valid during the time period set by the manufacturer and are subject to change without notice