Compare the 2018 Hyundai Sonata vs 2018 Nissan Altima
2018 Hyundai Sonata
2018 Nissan Altima
|2.4L DOHC 4-Cylinder||
|2.5L DOHC 4-Cylinder|
|25 city / 36 hwy||
|27 city / 38 hwy|
Serving Fredericksburg, VA, Spotsylvania, VA, and Washington, D.C.
The 2018 Hyundai Sonata and Nissan Altima are popular choices in the mid-size sedan segment, coveted for their spacious cabins and long lists of comfort features. Both of these sedans also have you covered in terms of passenger safety. Which should you test-drive first? Check out our comparison guide to learn more.
Power and Performance
- • Turbocharged Power
- • Thrifty Performance
- • Sharp Steering
- • Confident Handling
To start with, the 2018 Hyundai Sonata offers three engine options, so you can tweak performance to suit your everyday drive. Our favorite is the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, which spits out 245 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque for a thrilling commute. The quickest 2018 Nissan Altima engine is the optional 3.5-liter V6. It delivers 270 horses and 251 pound-feet of torque for a seamless transition into fast-moving highway traffic.
To save the absolute most on gas, the Sonata has you covered with its base 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, which earns up to 28 city/37 highway mpg. The Altima’s base engine, a 2.5-liter four-cylinder, also helps you save at the pump with 27 city/38 highway mpg. Both mid-size sedans impress with their tight, confident performance around turns and down twisty roads.
Infotainment and Tech Features
- • Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- • Touchscreen Infotainment Interface
- • USB Port and Bluetooth Capabilities
- • Emergency Telematics Services
These mid-size sedans are ready to keep you connected, no matter how far from home you travel. The 2018 Hyundai Sonata comes standard with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capabilities, displaying smartphone apps like Maps, Messages, and Music on the standard 7-inch touchscreen. Voice controls help you use these apps without looking away from the road. The 2018 Nissan Altima also offers Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on its top-trim 3.5 SL model.
Both models provide USB connectivity, keeping gadgets charged on the way home. As an added bonus, the Sonata offers an optional wireless charging pad to keep compatible devices ready for action. These sedans also offer their own emergency telematics technology, helping you solve problems with features like on-demand roadside assistance and automatic collision notification.
Interior Comfort and Passenger Space
- • Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- • Leather Upholstery
- • Heated Steering Wheel
In addition to roomy cabins, these mid-size sedans are known for their nicely contoured, supportive seating. That makes both the 2018 Hyundai Sonata and Nissan Altima perfect for families who spend a lot of time on the highway. Should you desire additional luxury, add stylish leather upholstery to your Sonata or Altima cabin. In a hot or cold climate, you’ll love how the Sonata’s optional heated and ventilated seats help you maintain the perfect temperature. The Altima also keeps you cozy, with heated front seats.
At Pohanka Hyundai of Fredericksburg and Pohanka Nissan of Fredericksburg, you can test-drive both of these savvy, modern sedans. Bring any questions you may have, because our well-versed staff is here to help!
MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title and registration fees. Starting at MSRP refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer.
All figures are EPA estimates. Actual mileage may vary.
2018 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan SULEV for Sale
|Exterior Color||Phantom Black|
- Internet Price
We make every effort to provide accurate information, please verify options and price before purchase, Pohanka is not responsible for errors or omissions. All vehicles subject to prior sale. Quoted price available on in-stock units only. All prices are exclusive internet prices only. Financing is subject to approved credit through designated lender. Price plus tax, tags, dealer installed options, dealer processing fee of $899 and freight of $810 - $1100. All customers will qualify for all manufacturer rebates and incentives included in the price, some require financing through the manufacturer. Some manufacturer rebates are not compatible with special manufacturer finance offers. Manufacturer Rebates and incentives are valid during the time period set by the manufacturer and are subject to change without notice. Additional manufacturer rebates and incentives may apply to those who qualify and may lower the sales price. 2 or more available at this price.
* Military Rebate - Customers (or spouse) must be Active Duty, Reservist/National Guard, Retired, or a Veteran from the U.S. Military at the commencement of the program period. Personnel from the U.S. Military eligible for this program are defined as customers serving or having served in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, Reserves, or National Guard.
* Valued Owner - Customers must be the registered owner or Customers currently living with an immediate family member who is the registered owner of a Hyundai vehicle at the commencement of the program period.
* College Grad - This Hyundai College Grad Program Offer (the "Offer") is limited to customers who meet all the following Offer criteria, and who finance the purchase or lease of their new Hyundai, subject to credit approval, through Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF Must have graduated with a Master's, Bachelor's or Associate's degree from a U.S.-accredited college within the past two (2) years or will graduate from such a school within the next six months from date of finance contract. $400 Bonus offer from HMF; only one Offer per vehicle.
* Retail Bonus Cash - Retail Bonus Cash available Vehicle purchased from dealer stock and are valid during the time period set by the manufacturer and are subject to change without notice