Compare the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid vs 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid
|57 city / 59 hwy||
|1.6L DOHC® 4-cylinder||
|1.6L DOHC® 4-cylinder|
Serving Fredericksburg, VA, Spotsylvania, VA, and Washington, D.C.
2018 Ioniq Hybrid and 2018 Ioniq Hybrid Plug-in are among the most efficient vehicles you can buy. This guide will help you learn more about their similarities and differences.
- • Shared Atkinson-cyle inline-four engine
- • Shared six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission
- • Larger hybrid battery in Plug-in
- • More powerful electric motor in Plug-in
When it comes to power, the Ioniq hybrid and plug-in are smartly positioned to please the driver. Although the two powertrains are slightly different, both produce 139 horsepower, beating the Toyota Prius. In fact, Car and Driver writes that these models are notably quicker than the Prius. The original Ioniq hybrid has a 1.6kWh battery pack while the Plug-in has a 8.9 kWh battery pack and a bigger electric motor. It can be charged overnight with a regular 120-volt outlet or in 2.5 hours with a 240-volt outlet.
- • 29-mile electric range for Plug-in
- • Longer overall range for Plug-in
- • Better gas-powered fuel economy on the regular Ioniq
While the Ioniq can drive for up to a mile on electric power, the Plug-in can ride for 29 miles before using the engine. Some commutes may be gas-free. Weighing slightly more, the Plug-in doesn’t get quite as good gas mileage as the regular Ioniq. Still, we are talking about 52 mpg combined vs 55 mpg combined. The Plug-in can claim 119 MPGe when you add in its electric travel capability.
- • 26 cu.ft. vs. 23 cu.ft. cargo hold
- • High-value base edition (both)
- • Top Safety Pick
The Ioniq Hybrid and Ioniq Hybrid Plug-in come with a long list of high tech features. Shoppers get a 7-inch touch-screen with standard Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. HD Radio and a rearview camera round out the standards. The Ioniq Hybrid SEL allows you to step up to heated front seats, a power driver’s chair, and a blind spot monitor. To get these features in the Plug-in, you’ll need to step up to the Limited. For both models, you can get crash avoidance features that include a lane keeping assist, automatic emergency braking, and adaptive cruise control. Packages offer a wireless charger, built-in navigation, and an Infinity audio system. Regular Ioniq Hybrids have slightly more space in the cargo hold than the Plug-in editions.
Compare the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and Plug-in models. Take a test drive and discover which one is right for you at Pohanka Hyundai of Fredericksburg!
MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title and registration fees. Starting at MSRP refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer.
All figures are EPA estimates. Actual mileage may vary.
There are currently no 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue 4dr Hatchback for Sale in inventory
We make every effort to provide accurate information, please verify options and price before purchase, Pohanka is not responsible for errors or omissions. All vehicles subject to prior sale. Quoted price available on in-stock units only. All prices are exclusive internet prices only. Financing is subject to approved credit through designated lender. Price plus tax, tags, dealer installed options, dealer processing fee of $899 and freight of $810 - $1100. All customers will qualify for all manufacturer rebates and incentives included in the price, some require financing through the manufacturer. Some manufacturer rebates are not compatible with special manufacturer finance offers. Manufacturer Rebates and incentives are valid during the time period set by the manufacturer and are subject to change without notice. Additional manufacturer rebates and incentives may apply to those who qualify and may lower the sales price. 2 or more available at this price.
* Military Rebate - Customers (or spouse) must be Active Duty, Reservist/National Guard, Retired, or a Veteran from the U.S. Military at the commencement of the program period. Personnel from the U.S. Military eligible for this program are defined as customers serving or having served in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, Reserves, or National Guard.
* Valued Owner - Customers must be the registered owner or Customers currently living with an immediate family member who is the registered owner of a Hyundai vehicle at the commencement of the program period.
* College Grad - This Hyundai College Grad Program Offer (the "Offer") is limited to customers who meet all the following Offer criteria, and who finance the purchase or lease of their new Hyundai, subject to credit approval, through Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF Must have graduated with a Master's, Bachelor's or Associate's degree from a U.S.-accredited college within the past two (2) years or will graduate from such a school within the next six months from date of finance contract. $400 Bonus offer from HMF; only one Offer per vehicle.
* Retail Bonus Cash - Retail Bonus Cash available Vehicle purchased from dealer stock and are valid during the time period set by the manufacturer and are subject to change without notice